Vorheriges Bild aus Lightbox anzeigen Zurück zur Lightbox Churches in Mexico Nächstes Bild aus Lightbox anzeigen Oaxaca Mexico - Church Santo Domingo


Oaxaca Mexico - Church Santo Domingo

Bild kaufen


Format  Maße  Preis
Web 1200x793 3,00
Print 2480x1639 8,00
HighRes 3024x1998 50,00

Hinweise zum Format

Web Ausreichend für Online, Social Media, EBook, Blog, usw.
Print Zur Orientierung: A4 hat bei 300 dpi 2480x3508 Pixel, bei A5 sind es 1748x2480 Pixel
HighRes Das Originalformat des Bildes





Bild-Nr

283262

Lizenz

Royalty-Free

Model-Release Vertrag

nicht nötig

Property-Release Vertrag

nicht nötig

Preiskategorie

Microstock

Beschreibung

The Church and former monastery of Santo Domingo de Guzmán is the most important of the numerous baroque ecclesiastical buildings in Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico. The complex of buildings includes a substantial sanctuary and an extensive system of courtyards, cloisters and rooms that formerly constituted the monastery but now house the Cultural Centre of Oaxaca. This museum includes an important collection of pre-Columban artefacts, among them the contents of Tomb 7 from the nearby Zapotec site of Monte Albán. The former monastery garden is now an Ethnobotanical Garden, containing a large collection of plants native to the region. Interior, Church of Santo Domingo The entrance to both church and museum is across a wide plaza that acts as a centre for local fiestas and other entertainments. It is located about half a kilometre north of the central squares of the city, the Zócalo and the Alameda, and the connecting street is pedestrianised, so it is a popular place for both tourists and local residents to stroll. As its name implies, the church and monastery were founded by the Dominican Order. Begun in 1572, they were constructed over a period of 200 years, between the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries. The monastery was active from 1608 to 1857. In the period of the revolutionary wars, the buildings were turned over to military use, and from 1866 to 1902 they served as a barracks. The church was restored to religious use in 1938, but the monastery was made available to the Universidad Autónoma Benito Juárez de Oaxaca. In 1972 it became a regional museum, and in 1993 the decision was taken to undertake a full restoration. This was completed in 1999. It is an exceptional example of conservation architecture. The architect responsible was Juan Urquiaga. The church has also been fully restored. Its highly decorated interior includes copious use of gold leaf.

Anbieter

makoch

Copyright

Zoonar/makoch

Kamera

Nikon NIKON D70S

Jetzt registrieren und 30% Willkommens-rabatt sichern!

Registrieren
Fragen zum Bild oder Lizenz?

Lizenzanfrage



Weitere Bilder von makoch

  • Sailing in Kuna Yala Panama
  • 2007-11-17 à 16-32-56.jpg
  • Sailing in Kuna Yala Panama
  • Sailing in Kuna Yala Panama
  • Sailing in Kuna Yala Panama
  • Sailing in Kuna Yala Panama
  • Sailing in Kuna Yala Panama
  • Sailing in Kuna Yala Panama
  • Kuna Yala or Guna Yala
  • Kuna Yala or Guna Yala Islands
  • Flying from Amsterdam to Paris
  • 2007-12-31 à 16-39-00.jpg
  • 2007-12-29 à 15-27-21.jpg
  • Flying from Amsterdam to Paris
  • Sky
  • Clouds
  • Limitation
  • Winter on the road
  • Sex Shop in Friedlingen / Weil am Rhein, Germany
  • Girl
  • Airport
  • Window Seat
  • Chairs in black and white
  • Stone walls in the south of France
  • Bambou
  • Lake near Coucouron, Ardeche
  • Ardeche
  • Balazuc
  • Inside
  • Balazuc
  • Bridge near Balazuc
  • Balazuc
  • The french village Vinezac
  • Balazuc
  • Vinezac a village in the southern part of France
  • Wineyard
  • Landscape in the south of France
  • Vinezac a village in the southern part of France
  • Old house with a tree
  • River in the Cevennes
  • Landscape near Loubaresse, Ardeche
  • House in the south of France



Schlagwörter / Keywords

Ihre Frage an uns

Haben Sie eine Frage zu unseren Bildlizenzen? Benötigen Sie eine Sonderlizenz für dieses Bild? Gerne stehen wir Ihnen zur Verfügung.


  1. * erforderlich